Set yourself up for success on a project or responsibility by getting aligned with your project lead or manager at the outset. When someone is delegating to you, bring this sheet with you to the meeting or complete it afterward. Use it to figure out if there are gaps and what additional clarity or resources you need on your 5 Ws (who, what, when, where, why—and how).
Teams can use this worksheet, too. At the outset of a project, have each team member complete the worksheet and identify where clarity or alignment is still needed.
This worksheet will help you ask the right questions and make strong proposals so that you’re all on the same page about:
- What success will look like
- What resources or examples exist
- How to prioritize the work
- How you’ll communicate with the project manager
- How you’ll know if you’re on the right track
- When and how to debrief after a project is completed
Encourage your project leader or manager to use the Delegation Worksheet to get clear on the outcomes and expectations, timeline, resources, check in points, and more.