Work With Us
Interested in joining our team?
5 Reasons to Work with The Management Center
1. By helping our clients, you’ll have an impact on the most important issues facing our country, like immigration, racial justice, health care, educational equity, and climate change.
2. Our clients are amazing people. You’ll work with leaders who go straight from talking with you to testifying on the Hill, leading a rally at the state capitol, or planning a new grassroots campaign with teams of organizers, and most days when you pick up the newspaper (or okay, read it online), you’ll see the results of their work.
3. Our team is awesome. You’ll be working with a group of smart, thoughtful, and genuinely nice people (at least we think we are!) who come from a wide range of professional and personal backgrounds.
4. We’re committed to making our own organization one where people from all backgrounds – and in particular people with marginalized identities – thrive. While we have a lot of learning still to do, we’re working hard to incorporate equity and inclusion into all aspects of our work. That’s leading us to do things like proactively seeking to work with more groups led by and for people who identify as BIPOC, supporting identity-based caucuses for our staff (we have BIPOC, LGBTQ, and white-identified allies caucuses), and making sure each person on our team continually hones their own cultural proficiency skills. More in the works here!
5. We try to practice what we preach: great management. You’ll have clear expectations, receive feedback (some of it even useful), and get opportunities to grow and develop. You’ll do it all in a culture that aspires to exhibit excellence with heart and keeps the focus on equity, sustainability, and real-world results.
And a bonus reason… 6. We treat people well, from excellent salaries and benefits to flexible work arrangements to unusually good snacks, even while remote!
We do not currently have any open roles.
The roles below aren’t currently open, but if you’d like to be considered if/when we re-open these searches, please submit your application:
- Coach, Progressive/Social Change Sector: This position has been a senior leader in nonprofit organizations (e.g. Executive Director, Vice President, C-Suite) and a highly experienced manager who engages 1:1 with senior nonprofit leaders to help them manage more effectively, equitably, and sustainably.
- Trainer, Education Equity Sector – Management (full-time, part-time, or contractor): Our education equity trainers have been senior leaders in education organizations (e.g. Assistant Superintendent / Manager of Principals / Executive Director / C-Suite) and highly experienced managers who teach other senior education leaders equitable management practices.
- Trainer, Progressive/Social Change Sector – Management (full-time, part-time, or contractor): Our progressive/social change trainers have been senior leaders in nonprofit organizations (e.g. Executive Director, Vice President, C-Suite) and highly experienced managers who teach other senior progressive leaders equitable management practices.
- Trainer – Project Manager & Non-Manager Staff (contractor): Adjunct/contract trainers facilitate our Project Manager and Working for Change trainings for staff who manage team-based projects and/or who want to get results in their areas of responsibility.
- Training Operations Coordinator: We’re looking for a Training Operations Coordinator (TOC) to set our trainers and clients up to have a phenomenal experience through seamless management of logistics and planning for the trainings that we provide virtually and (eventually, again) across the country.
More questions? Email us at email@example.com.