Work for Us
Interested in joining our team?
5 Reasons to Work with The Management Center
1. By helping our clients, you’ll have an impact on the most important issues facing our country, like immigration, racial justice, health care, educational equity, and climate change.
2. Our clients are amazing people. You’ll work with leaders who go straight from talking with you to testifying on the Hill, leading a rally at the state capitol, or planning a new grassroots campaign with teams of organizers, and most days when you pick up the newspaper (or okay, read it online), you’ll see the results of their work.
3. Our team is awesome. You’ll be working with a group of smart, thoughtful, and genuinely nice people (at least we think we are!) who come from a wide range of professional and personal backgrounds.
4. We’re committed to making our own organization one where people from all backgrounds – and in particular people with marginalized identities – thrive. While we have a lot of learning still to do, we’re working hard to incorporate equity and inclusion into all aspects of our work. That’s leading us to do things like proactively seeking to work with more groups led by and for people of color, supporting identity-based caucuses for our staff (we have people of color and indigenous people, LGBTQ, and white-identified allies caucuses), and making sure each person on our team continually hones their own cultural proficiency skills. More in the works here!
5. We try to practice what we preach: great management. You’ll have clear expectations, receive feedback (some of it even useful), get opportunities to grow and develop, and do it all in a culture that keeps the focus on real-world results and aspires to exhibit excellence with heart.
And a bonus reason… 6. We treat people well, from excellent salaries and benefits to flexible work arrangements to unusually good snacks.
We’ve been steadily expanding and are hiring for the following positions:
- D.C.-based Coach: We’re seeking experienced managers to help our clients become high-performing organizations that deliver great results. Coaches lead client engagements and serve as teacher / coach / trainer / nudge / confidante / advisor / thought-partner to senior client executives. Learn more here.
- D.C.-based Trainer (part-time or full-time): We’re looking for an outstanding trainer to join our team in D.C. — specifically, a highly engaging, experienced manager who is excited about working with social justice organizations, particularly those led by and for people of color and indigenous people. Learn more here.
- Training Operations Associate: We’re looking for candidates who are highly organized and passionate about details and who thrive on making things run well to support our growing training team. Learn more here.
- More broadly, we’re always on the look-out for talented people who know from experience what it takes to run a high-performing organization and can teach it to diverse audiences. (We have a definite preference for people who have been in executive roles over those from traditional consulting backgrounds.) If you fit that bill and are interested in learning more about working with us, please write to us at email@example.com (and be sure to include your resume!). We can’t meet with everyone who applies, but we’ll take a look and get back to you no matter what.
Are you interested in learning more about working at TMC? Join us for a conference call with other candidates to hear more about our positions! (These calls are purely informational and meant solely to answer your questions. Participating is 100% optional and isn’t part of our evaluation process.) Sign up here.