Work for Us
Interested in joining our team?
5 Reasons to Work with The Management Center
1. By helping our clients, you’ll have an impact on the most important issues facing our country, like health care, racial justice, immigration, and climate change.
2. Our clients are amazing people. You’ll work with leaders who go straight from talking with you to testifying on the Hill, leading a rally at the state capitol, or planning a new grassroots campaign with teams of organizers, and you’ll see the results of their work on the front pages of newspapers.
3. Our team is awesome. You’ll be working with a diverse group of smart, thoughtful, and genuinely nice people. (At least we think we are!)
4. We treat our people well, from benefits to flexible work arrangements to affinity group structures to an office treadmill to unusually good snacks.
5. We try to practice what we preach: great management. You’ll have clear expectations, receive feedback (some of it even useful), get opportunities to grow and develop, and do it all in a culture that keeps the focus on real-world results.
We’ve been steadily expanding and are hiring for the following positions:
- D.C.-based Coach: We’re seeking experienced managers to help our clients become high-performing organizations that deliver great results. Coaches lead client engagements and serve as teacher / coach / trainer / nudge / confidante / advisor / thought-partner to senior client executives. Learn more here.
- Trainer: We’re seeking a dynamic presenter who loves thinking and talking about management to deliver our management training curriculum and answer questions so effectively that participants are left delighted with their experience and eager for more. Learn more here.
- D.C.-Based Trainer: We’re looking for an outstanding trainer to join our team in D.C.! For trainers based in D.C., we offer a flexible schedule, including the ability to work either full-time or part-time. Learn more here.
- Chief Content Officer: We’re seeking a “Ruler of All Content” to ensure that our work is fueled by smart, rigorously thought-out, and easily accessible ideas and that we develop the tools and products to share those ideas with our clients and the broader social change world. Learn more here.
- More broadly, we’re always on the look-out for talented people who know from experience what it takes to run a high-performing organization and can teach it to diverse audiences. (We have a definite preference for people who have been in executive roles over those from traditional consulting backgrounds.) If you fit that bill and are interested in learning more about working with us, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (and be sure to include your resume!). We can’t meet with everyone who applies, but we’ll take a look and get back to you no matter what.