Upcoming: For Managers: Equitable Hiring
Equitable Hiring is a half-day workshop offered exclusively online. This interactive workshop is designed to help those who are currently hiring new staff to create equitable, effective hiring processes. Participants should bring current materials related to the role they're hiring for, as the course includes workshopping, practice, and application time throughout.
- Workshop a role they are soon-to-be or currently hiring for
- Identify how bias often appears in hiring and get out of auto-pilot hiring practices
- Identify the must-have skills and talents for the role
- Identify opportunities to build a deep and diverse pool of candidates
- Develop probing questions and job simulations tailored to the must-have skills and talents for the role
- Learn best practices in using rubrics to mitigate biases among the selection team
- Leave with drafts of foundational materials and clear next steps for your hire
If you attended our Managing to Change the World course before mid-2020, you'll likely recognize the fundamental approach to hiring taught in this workshop. Although the concepts haven't changed, we spend significantly more time in discussion and practice here, and you are welcome to attend Equitable Hiring if you'd like a refresher on TMC's hiring approach or additional practice and peer collaboration time.
- August 2021
Aug 13 20211:00 PM 4:30 PM Online Eastern Time $200.00 incl.Event is fullJoin waiting list
- September 2021
Sep 20 20211:00 PM 4:30 PM Online Eastern Time $200.00 incl.
- October 2021
Oct 14 20211:00 PM 4:30 PM Online Eastern Time $200.00 incl.
- November 2021
Nov 10 20211:00 PM 4:30 PM Online Eastern Time $200.00 incl.
- December 2021
Dec 10 20211:00 PM 4:30 PM Online Eastern Time $200.00 incl.