Upcoming: For Staff: Black, Indigenous, and People of Color Cohorts
BIPOC Cohorts for Staff will be offered exclusively online in 2023.
Staff who are Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) face unique and challenging issues within their organizations related to power, privilege, and identity all while driving essential work forward. We created this space to offer support for BIPOC staff members in social justice and educational equity organizations. Together, we will share practices that can help staff of color thrive.
In this course, we’ll cover all of the tools and best practices we include in Working for Change (our course for non-supervisory staff) and integrate discussion and new practices to help you navigate race, identity, and power dynamics within your organization. You’ll learn how to:
- Share your perspective and expertise across lines of power and identity
- Get aligned with your manager and colleagues on what success looks like for a project or task
- Ask great questions and make effective proposals about the expectations for your work
- Advance equity and inclusion through your work
- Use check-ins to get what you need to be successful
- Ask for feedback and practice receiving it in a way that makes you better at your job
- Manage your time and stay organized
- Write individual goals that keep your focus on outcomes and broad responsibilities
- Strategically manage up to your boss and colleagues, and advocate for yourself and your work
- Recognize the impact of internalized oppression and practice ways to show up as your authentic self
To apply for this cohort:
We’re invested in building a group that can learn from and grow with each other, so we require a brief application.
You should apply all of the following are true:
- You’re interested in connecting around issues faced by staff who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color in social justice and educational equity organizations.
- You’re a staff member who’s not a manager at an organization doing advocacy, organizing, educational equity, and/or policy work to further progressive values in our country.
- You want to become even better at managing up and sideways within a diverse team to achieve outstanding results.
- You’re thinking about the impact of racial equity and inclusion at work.
We will prioritize participants from organizations that do advocacy, organizing, educational equity, and/or policy work, and strive to build a cohort that is diverse in identity, background, and organizational/team size. We’ll also be looking at your desire to use your work as a lever for achieving equity, sustainability, and results, and your openness to learning new skills and practices. We select participants on a rolling basis for each cohort.
This course runs for two consecutive, 6-hour days. Live transcription is enabled for every online training. Additional accommodations are available on request. Please share your access needs when you register and review our Accessibility FAQs.
$420 per attendee for organizations with budgets over $10 million
$370 per attendee for organizations with budgets between $5 million and $10 million
$320 per attendee for organizations with budgets between $2 million and $5 million
$270 per attendee for organizations with budgets below $2 million
$110 per attendee for individuals attending without organizational assistance
A 10% discount will also be automatically applied for current clients of The Management Center and The Management Action Center.
Sorry, we're having technical difficulties right now. If you want to be alerted when registration is back up, email: firstname.lastname@example.org