Newsletter – September 16, 2020
Want to receive tips like this emailed to you each month? Sign up here.
5 tips for goal-setting in chaos
This is around the time of year that nonprofit leaders start to think about goals, so it’s no surprise that when we asked you what you wanted more content on, goal-setting was one of the top three answers we got. We’ve received a few variations of this question:
“I’m having a hard time goal-setting for myself and my staff during this ever-changing environment. With so much chaos and uncertainty, how do we even begin to think about goal-setting?”
We get it. In the midst of the pandemic, a presidential election, innumerable acts of state-sanctioned violence on Black and brown bodies, and raging fires everywhere, goal-setting might feel like an insurmountable task.
In this newsletter, we bring you an article with some tips on how to approach goal-setting during chaos.
We’re switching to credit card-only training registrations!
Beginning September 30, TMC will be switching over to credit card-only registrations. Credit cards allow for one-step registration, faster refunds, and fewer emails so that you can focus on changing the world. To learn more about this change, including what to do if your school or organization cannot pay by credit card, check out our FAQ.
What We’ve Been Reading
We pride ourselves on giving you concrete, actionable advice, but we know that sometimes, our challenges and circumstances are too big for quick tips and tools, and you just need to reflect on questions with no answers.
This article about operationalizing racial justice provides—among many other things—helpful group and individual reflection questions.
Considering a leadership transition? Check out Leadership Transition in a Time of Turmoil: FLY Names a New CEO from our friends at Bridgespan.
Check out this article on facilitating post-traumatic growth for your team.
People of Color & Indigenous Cohorts
Managers and staff who are people of color and/or indigenous often face unique issues within their organizations while navigating the intersections of race, class, gender, and other identities. These cohorts create space to discuss and offer support around the challenges of being folks of color in progressive and social justice organizations, and to share practices that can help folks of color thrive.
- Wednesday, October 28th (10:00-4:00 PM ET)
- Thursday, October 29th (10:00-4:00 PM ET)
- Friday, November 13th (4:00-5:00 PM ET)
- Monday, November 30th (12:00-3:00 PM ET)
- Tuesday, December 1st (12:00-3:00 PM ET)
- Wednesday, December 2nd (12:00-3:00 PM ET)
- Thursday, December 3rd (12:00-3:00 PM ET)
- Friday, December 4th (12:00-3:00 PM ET)
- Monday, December 9th (11:00-5:00 PM ET)
- Tuesday, December 10th (11:00-5:00 PM ET)
- Tuesday, December 17th (4:00-5:00 PM ET)
- Wednesday, October 14th (11:00-5:00 PM ET)
- Thursday, October 15th (11:00-5:00 PM ET)
- Friday, October 30th (4:00-5:00 PM ET)
We also have TMC scholarships for our POCI Cohorts available upon request that can partially or fully cover the cost of the training if needed. You can request a scholarship by emailing our POCI Cohort Coordinator, Ebony, at email@example.com.
Update your email interests and profile
- receiving more training announcements and updates to your inbox?
- joining our educational equity newsletter mailing list for leaders in the education sector?
- updating your email address or organizational affiliation?
Sign up for our emails and indicate your preferences here. You can update your preferences, email address, or organization any time by clicking the “update your profile and email interests” link at the end of our newsletters.