Newsletter – April 7, 2020
Want to receive tips like this emailed to you each month? Sign up here.
Back-up planning, check-ins, and hiring during COVID-19
This week*, we’re bringing you a few more tips and tools for managing during a pandemic. Check them out:
- The 60-Minute Back-Up Plan. This is one tool we want you to have, but hope you’ll never have to use. We know it can be hard to imagine the worst happening to you or your teammates during the pandemic. However, if it does happen, we hope you’ll be prepared. Start with this template.
- Check-ins during COVID-19. You’ve probably already adjusted your check-ins. Here are our top tips for checking in during the pandemic, including a new agenda template.
- Hiring during COVID-19. If you’re in the fortunate position to be hiring right now, you may be wondering what that should look like in this new context. In this article, we recommend some changes to your process and share tips for virtual interviewing. Also, check out our email templates for communicating with candidates (including one for communicating if you’re in a hiring freeze).
*How do you feel about our new weekly frequency? Let us know at email@example.com.
Join the TMC Community Slack!
Over the past few weeks, many of you have told us that you wish you had a platform to connect with others outside your organization to ask questions, share ideas, or simply find community in these uncertain times. To that end, we have launched the TMC Community Slack. Shoutout to all the folks who have joined us already!
We are figuring this out as we go—so please bear with us as we deal with any initial hiccups. If you have questions or have trouble getting set up, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for all you are doing in these tumultuous times. And thank you in advance for pitching in and helping each other out!
For Education Sector Leaders
Are you a leader of a school, school system, or education organization? Our Educational Equity team will be carefully curating additional tools and tips to help you manage your priorities, your team, and your culture remotely.
Would you like to be added to our mailing list for educational leaders?
- Yes, I am a senior leader or a chief officer in a school district or CMO
- Yes, I am a school-based leader, principal, assistant principal, director of curriculum, and/or a dean
- Yes, I am a senior leader or a manager at an education-focused non-profit
- No, thanks!
Email email@example.com to let us know!
What We’re Reading
Here are some helpful things that we found while poking around on the internet:
- This People Leader Resilience Playbook is chock full of tips, including a section on resilience and anxiety reduction and one on making difficult decisions (like layoffs and pay cuts).
- Our friends at Promise54 got real about being radically human, protecting their financial sustainability, and interrupting white dominant culture habits in their decision-making in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The folks at the Fakequity blog shared 33 questions (with racial equity implications) for prepping for the next disaster. You can also treat these as reflection questions for how you’re handling this current one.