comments from readers of Managing to Change the World
Here are just a few of the messages we've received from our readers:
“Your management bible still sits on my desk and I've gifted it to more than a few other social entrepreneurs along the way... an invaluable resource!”
– Abby Falik, Founder and CEO, Global Citizen Year
"I've bought it for all my managers. We walk around quoting it left and right. It's a great piece of work."
– Nitzan Pelman, Executive Director, Citizen Schools New York
“I have found it to be incredibly useful. It is truly a remarkable achievement.”
– Richard Buery, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer, The Children’s Aid Society
“What a great book! I bought it for my entire management team because I wanted them to benefit from its wisdom too.”
– Gene Karpinski, President, League of Conservation Voters
“I hand this book to every executive director I meet with because I have found it so valuable for myself and for my team.”
– Judith Freeman, Executive Director, New Organizing Institute
“This book provides an incredible road-map to delivering results. As the founder of an organization, it's been a huge help.”
– Mark Hanis Founder, Genocide Intervention Network
“The Management Center’s clear, practical advice has been invaluable in helping us improve how we operate and the results we get. This book is a great way to benefit from their wisdom.”
– Deepak Bhargava, Executive Director, Center for Community Change
"This is THE book for cause-focused managers who want results. It's hands-on, accessible and, most of all, outcomes-focused. Every manager of a progressive nonprofit should read it and act on it. Today."
– Bruce Friedrich, Vice President for Policy, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
"As one of my colleagues put it, 'Managing to Change the World changed my life!' It was hands-down the most helpful management book that I've read… most don't seem applicable to the work that we do as a small nonprofit that focuses on grassroots organizing and advocacy. I thought that the real-life examples and the sample tools were really useful. Thank you!"
– Serena Unrein, Executive Director, Arizona Students' Association