Newsletter – March 27, 2019
Want to receive tips like this emailed to you each month? Sign up here.
New training, new dates, & ICYMI round-up
Spring has sprung! It’s time to plant those tomatoes, stock up on allergy medications, and, of course, reflect on how things have been going overall and plan out the rest of your year. It might also be a great time to sign up for a training and catch up on your reading! In this newsletter, we bring you some announcements and a round-up of the tools and resources we’ve published so far this year.
On our end, we are super excited about the launch of our brand new, for-a-limited-time-only training for managers and staff on project management. This introductory-level training is for you if you’re working on or leading a team-based, deadline-driven project, whether or not you’re a manager or have “project manager” in your title. Participants will learn about the role of an effective Project Manager, project sequencing, how to integrate equity and inclusion practices when working with stakeholders, and more! Check it out!
In other training-related news, our July – December training dates are now available on our website! Our offerings include:
- Owning the Work
- People of Color & Indigenous Cohorts for staff and managers (by application only!)
- Managing for Racial Equity, Inclusion, and Results
- Managing to Change the World Crash Course
And finally, in case you missed it, here’s a round-up of the tools and resources we have published so far this year:
- On setting goals: Tips for Writing SMARTIE Goals and our Goals Bank
- On being a more inclusive manager: “That’s how we’ve always done it!” (A guide to using PTR) and Examples of PTR in Action
- On hiring: Finding Your “Hiring Superstar” and Finding a Chief Talent Officer
- On feedback: Give More (and Better) Feedback with CSAW, CSAW Worksheet, and In Praise of… Praise!
Coming up next quarter, we’ll have more advice on giving and receiving feedback, tools for onboarding new staff, and resources for decision-making. Have any questions or requests? Email us at email@example.com!