Newsletter – July 10, 2019
Want to receive tips like this emailed to you each month? Sign up here.
Revamped Management Workouts 💪🏽 & ICYMI round-up!
We are excited to announce that our self-guided learning program, the Management Workout, has been significantly revamped for the first time since it was launched in 2013. If you want a refresher of the concepts you were introduced to at one of our trainings and a chance to practice them as a team, Management Workouts are for you! The program is a series of modules, with each module covering one key topic (such as delegation, feedback, and goals). Modules include readings, self-reflection activities, exercises, and a facilitator’s guide for group discussion.
While this offering is available to everyone, we especially recommend this program if all of the following apply to you:
- There are three or more managers at your organization who’ve attended an in-house training or one of our public courses in the last two years
- You’re looking for a refresher on our management content
- You’re looking for a group learning and support experience
- You have a manager on your team with facilitation experience who can implement the program
Note: While designed to be implemented as a standalone program, the Management Workouts are not meant to be a training or training replacement. If you’re interested in those, check out our public courses!
Interested in bringing a Management Workout to your organization? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
And, in case you missed it, here’s a round-up of the tools and resources we’ve published this quarter:
- Another article in our feedback series: 5 Tips for Giving Better Feedback
- On fair process: Using Fair Process to Make Better Decisions, plus a “quick-start guide” and examples
- New hire onboarding series:
Coming up next quarter, we’ll have advice for receiving feedback on diversity, equity, and inclusion issues, a career pathways tool, and more! Have any questions or requests? Email us at email@example.com.