Newsletter – January 15, 2020
Want to receive tips like this emailed to you each month? Sign up here.
Here’s what you might have missed (plus new training dates!)
We hope you’ve had a fantastic start to this new decade! This year, we are excited to bring you fresh and updated content on hiring, managing managers, staff development, and much more.
But first—in case you missed it, here’s a round-up of everything we published in 2019 that can help you hit the ground running this year.
- On setting goals:
- On mitigating bias as a manager:
- “That’s how we’ve always done it!” (A guide to using PTR) and Examples of PTR in Action
- Using Choice Points to Advance Racial Equity and Inclusion (with accompanying case studies and tools)
- On hiring: Finding Your “Hiring Superstar” and Finding a Chief Talent Officer (with accompanying tools)
- On feedback:
- On decision-making: Using Fair Process to Make Better Decisions, plus a “quick-start guide” and examples
- On onboarding new hires:
- On career pathways: How to Build Career Pathways at Your Organization, plus a guide and examples
- On delegation: Don’t Take the Work Back! How to Avoid the Delegation Boomerang and our Delegation Boomerang FAQ
- On performance evaluations: Eight-Step Guide to Performance Evaluations for Managers and Four Ways to Mitigate Bias in Performance Evaluations
New Dates for Managing Projects Training
We’re back with our project management training for both managers and staff. This introductory-level training is for you if you’re working on or leading a team-based, deadline-driven project, regardless of whether you have “project manager” in your title. You’ll learn about the role of an effective Project Manager, project sequencing, how to integrate equity and inclusion practices when working with stakeholders, and more! Check out the newly released dates here.